Monday, June 21, 2010

Kindergarten Grad

From the time she was very little, I have always told Elaina that she needs to stop growing. And now here we are at her kindergarten graduation. It is hard to believe that she is already moving on to first grade. But, she is still so little to me.


Elaina at her graduation program with Great Grandma Carolyn and with Tyler

I was so proud of her because her teacher asked her to sing a "solo" in the graduation program. I have always thought that she was a good singer. She seems to have been able to stay on pitch her whole life. However, she is one of my shyest kids. I encouraged her and tried to help her practice, but she insisted that the song was a surprise. When the time came for her to sing, I was so nervous. I had butterflies in my stomach. I really wanted her to have a good experience. Well, she did a wonderful job (it helped that the music she sang to had vocals as well as the accompaniment.




This is a great accomplishment and stepping stone for you Elaina! You have really loved school and have flourished and grown tremendously. You can read very well now! You can listen and obey your teacher. You can help others when they are in need. You can work hard at math and writing and never complain about homework! You have had a wonderful year.

Elaina with her incredible teacher Mrs. Maes

And we can't forget that Natalie and TJ are moving on up next year too! Natalie had a great 2nd grade year and is always a favorite of her teachers because of her hard work and desire to always do her best. Way to go Sis!

Natalie with sweet teacher Mrs. Morgan
TJ had a great year as well. He loves to read and received an award for the most AR (accelerated reader) points in his class. I remember one quarter, the kids in his class had to earn at least 10 AR points to go on a big field trip. TJ had over 140! The boy can read! Way to go Skinny Kid!
T.J. with his fun teacher Mrs. Marlar
yes, all started with M's this year!
All of the kids had really wonderful teachers this year. I am very grateful for dedicated educators who strive to inspire their students and who have helped my children as they learn who they are and who they can become.

No comments: