So, I have been neglecting my blog for the whole of 2010. Life has felt crazier than normal, but I am not going to get discouraged! I have never been good at playing "catch up". There are definitely some things I don't want to forget though! Let the good times roll:
On New Year's we spent the day at the snow. It was a perfect day in a perfect spot. We went with our cousins and had lots of fun. It didn't take long for the kids to get too cold, but they warmed up with some homemade soup and hot chocolate. I hope we make this a yearly tradition!
Puppy Love: Natalie has been begging for months to have a puppy. I tried in vain to convince her that a baby is so much better and that we can't take care of a baby and a puppy. No go. Well, for Christmas, the kids got a guinea pig. He is really cute and manageable. It just so happens that his name is "Puppy" : ) They have lots of good times with the little guy!
Pirate Day at preschool. What a great day to have during "Pp" week! The kids have such a great time on this day. They get to choose a new pirate name (Tyler only wanted Pirate Peter. We had a lot of fun coming up with all the P names he could be and he would get so mad at us because only Pirate Peter would please him!), they went on a treasure hunt, and the got to act like a pirate all day (no manners at the table, etc.). We love Mrs. Sandy!

Lydia + blue crayon = Body Art

More art! The kids were having a great time drawing on the white board and they didn't want to erase it. I got some photos to preserve those wonderful masterpieces! Gotta love kids' artwork, too fun. TJ's have such personality!
This was TJ's second year doing the pinewood derby. His car was the Raptor Rocket. He got second in his bear pack and 6th overall in the stake. The whole family had a great time watching him race. I think the girls want to make a car next year. . .
I sneaked up on TJ practicing piano one morning. Sometimes I wonder. . . and then I laugh!
Maybe he is not the only strange one! I came out with this wig on one day and the kids thought it was so funny. They said I looked like my mom, Grandma Laney! Then Tyler got a bit mad at me telling me to take it off. I guess he prefers brunettes!
An Arizona sunrise. Love that : )
My good friend, Melanie, took some beautiful pictures of Natalie as an eight year portrait. They turned out so nice. Her birthday is in 2 days and she can't wait. She will be baptized later in the month. I love my Natalie.She is such a sweet, good girl.
All I can say is TROUBLE!!! And she laughs as she messes. I am wondering what I am in for with this one. She started taking steps this week (just turned 9 months old!).
These are 1/2 of the wonderful women I ran the Ragnar Relay with. Lisa, Teresa, Stacey, Carlotta, Fressia, me, and Kim. We had a great time with ups and downs (literally, ha ha). I am so lucky to have had this experience with these ladies! Go gForce!!!

This is a picture of Kay and me. I met Kay during the relay race. She is 73 years old! She ran the Boston Marathon last year. She is an inspiration and such a nice woman. I hope I can be like her when I am white haired elderly. Is that so awesome (as Tyler would say)?
This is the other half of our runners. Cori (bright as an angel!), Kelly, Brooke, Kelly, and Nikki. Somehow I missed our other Brooke and our drivers, Mindy and Bud.It was definitely an experience like no other and I am glad I did it!
Hopefully I will get back into the blogging habit. I love having a bit of a record of our little family.
.
4 comments:
You do look like Mom with that wig on, haha.
Love you!
What a fun catch up post. Congratulations on a fun and exciting first couple of months.
Great pictures! I love the piano one.
Looks like your year is getting off to a great start.
How fun for the kids to get a new little pet. Our kids were begging us for a dog so we got them rats. Pets that live in a cage and need cleaning once a week are so much more managable when you have little ones.
Good for you for running the Ragnar. You look so great. Where do you find the time to work out with all those kids?
Post a Comment