Natalie turned eight yesterday.
...
She had been counting down the days for over a week because she was sooo excited to have a birthday.
I have been feeling so blessed to be her mother. I am so happy celebrate her life.
...
When she was born, she cried for 3 months straight. I worried about her, I cried some, I hoped she would get it all out and never cry again, I loved her anyways. That is what mothers do. Then it got better.
She has truly been a joy ever since.
Some of the things I love about Natalie:
- She is kind to everyone & never wants to see anyone sad
- She is enthusiastic, everything is really great (and on occasion really bad)
- She works hard
- She tries again when she fails and never quits
- Natalie always feels sorry if she make a mistake and is quick to make it right
- She is a natural mother
- She stands up for what is right
- Natalie loves animals, flowers, dancing, drawing, singing, sports, learning, and trying new things
- She is shy when it comes to performing
- She hugs me and scratches my back
I remember one time when Natalie was little: It was the end of the day and I was at the end of my rope with motherly tasks and Natalie calls out, "Mo-om!" The call that comes in two syllables. The one that means they want you to do something or need you for some reason. So, I yell back, "What, Natalie?" The one that means, "What do you need now? I have been helping you all day and I just need a little break!" She then simply and sweetly says, "I love you." That is Natalie. She is a great blessing to our home and a true friend.
...
She and I may not relate when it comes to jewelry & high heels or dogs, slugs, and worms, but she is has taught me that it is better to give than to receive and that love is the greatest quality we can develop.
I love you Natalie. I am excited for you to be baptized and know that you are on the right path. You will surely serve God's children throughout your life and be a blessing to many. You are a blessing to me.
Happy Birthday to You!!!

3 comments:
Oh my goodness, what a beauty she is! I can see so much of you in her, Dana. Those little stories were very sweet, thank you for sharing!
So cute! She was adorable yesterday in sacrament meeting grinning from ear to ear when she was asked to stand up. What a doll!
So sweet! Don't you love it when they catch you off guard like that! (And you put it in that invisible parent piggy bank that supports you 'til the next sweet moment comes just in time!)
Post a Comment