Okay, so I am a little behind on my posts. I am just finishing up some old ones. Better late than never right? Right!






There is so much to be thankful for that I am overwhelmed. How could I ever complain about anything? No, I have all that a person could need to live and be happy and so much more.
There were a few things going on Wed. with it being almost Thanksgiving and 4 kids in school (does preschool count?). TJ, Natalie, and Elaina were participating in the school's Turkey Trot and I thought it would be a lot of fun to join them.
They raced around the school and around the huge grassy field behind the school. Grade level by grade level the kids lined up to have their turn.
I decided to run with Natalie to begin with. I honestly thought we would catch TJ. Natalie has always been determined and steady. She did jog the whole thing (way to go Nat!) but we never caught TJ. After I dropped off Natalie, I ran back for Elaina, who was wearing an adorable turkey hat. She was walking by TJ's old 3rd grade teacher. Elaina and I took off and finished the race together.
When we got back to the school and found Elaina's class, I went to sit by TJ to check in. He said that he finished 2nd in his class! Wow, you always surprise me T.
I really enjoyed being with them.
I then headed over to Mrs. Sandy's backyard for the preschool Thanksgiving performance. I wondered how Tyler would do with several parents in the audience watching. I half thought he might sing out and say his part with total confidence. I knew I was way off when my little indian wouldn't even walk out with the other kids. He was finally coaxed out and sat in his chair and sat and sat. He didn't open his mouth to sing a single syllable. No hand movements for Tyler. Not a hint of a smile. The only interaction from the child was an occasional glare at the girl sitting behind him that kept tugging at the feathers in his hat. He did say his part when it was his turn, but we couldn't understand a word (and I knew what he was saying). I think when your mouth is opened over the microphone, it somehow makes it difficult to speak clearly!

After the program, I asked Tyler if he had fun. He answered with an enthusiastic "Yes!". I then made the comment that he didn't sing any of the songs. He said he sang them in class. There it is.
After the program, I asked Tyler if he had fun. He answered with an enthusiastic "Yes!". I then made the comment that he didn't sing any of the songs. He said he sang them in class. There it is.
It is so fun to watch this little man and all of the preschoolers. Cute, cute.
Later in the day we had family pictures.
Thanksgiving Day we went bike riding in the morning and played at the park. Then we went over to Nana & Papa's house to eat a yummy meal, sing some thanksgiving songs and just enjoy being with family.
Later we went over to Grandma Laney and Grandad's. Our Lines cousins were there and we played with them.
There is so much to be thankful for that I am overwhelmed. How could I ever complain about anything? No, I have all that a person could need to live and be happy and so much more.
I hope to live life in the spirit of thanksgiving each day. The Lord is over all. Even the trials we must endure can be for our good and help us to draw closer to Him.
No comments:
Post a Comment