My kids are on a modified year round school schedule. I absolutely love this. They have a 2 week vacation every nine weeks. As a former teacher, this is an amazing concept and a much needed break. As a mother, I look forward to having the kids all to myself for a couple of weeks. No homework, no set schedule, no bedtime (okay, we do try to stick to our bed routine or else I am the one to pay the next day!).
This intersession was quite a bit different for us. We usually stay close to home and spend time with friends and family and maybe go to the zoo or somewhere close by. The first week we went to see my sister in Safford and had a great time. Last week, we headed over to Roosevelt Lake and spent a few days enjoying the weather, the views, and the great company. We had a blast!

Travis' sisters and 3 cousins came along with us. We stayed in a house just off the lake. One day we rented a pontoon boat and went fishing. No one got even a bite!!! We saw several fish peek out of the water, teasing us. But, the kids loved being on the lake and driving the boat fast. It was such a beautiful day. Maybe next year we will get in the water!

One of the funniest parts of the day was the worms! We bought some worms to fish with and Natalie became a little possessive, maybe even obsessive. She didn't want us to put any on a hook and she wanted to keep them as pets. She convinced everyone to hold them (I don't think Tyler and Elaina enjoyed it very much.) TJ was in his element though. I can't believe how LONG those worms were. The kids definitely liked the worms more than the fish did!
I am so glad we went. Even with the setbacks: sleepless nights with a restless baby, hard beds, bedding forgotten at home, Africanized bees, tarantulas, and rattlesnakes. It was worth it!
Several days after we got home, Natalie asked when we can go again. Mission accomplished : )
1 comment:
Sounds like that was a lot of fun! Elaina looks creaped out by those worms.
Post a Comment