Sunday, October 11, 2009

A Weekend with the Cousins

Because we have finished the first nine weeks of school and are now enjoying intersession, I decided to take the kids on a little trip to visit my sister in Safford.

Alissa was so sweet to take us all on. We added six to her household of 8! Between us we have eleven kids ages 12, 9, 9, 7, 7, 5, 5, 3, 3, 1, and 4 months. We have a great time together, but wow, that is a lot of kiddos!

Thursday night, we stayed at home and Alissa made us a very yummy dinner and the kids settled in.


Friday we went to a parade. We got there a little late, but the kids saw some a couple of bands, some horses, the fire truck, and just enough to have a great time and not get bored.

After that, we went to the duck pond and had a picnic. I think they could have spent a lot of time there, but we had other plans!

After filling our bellies we headed over to the county fair. We had a great time together. I don't know if Alissa would agree because I ended up getting a ride bracelet so that Carolyn and Tyler could go on some rides, but she stayed with the babies on the ground.

I had a fun time on the kiddie rides with the little cousins and then riding on the scary rides with the big kids.

TJ and Brian jumped on the upside down ride called "The Ring of Fire". I watched with Lydia from the ground.






I was surprised at TJ's bravery. Maybe it helped to have his cousin encouraging him. During the ride, I think his bravery abandoned him because he looked terrified! I felt bad for him because I know that scary feeling, but I still laughed the whole time! When he got off, he declared the Ring of Fire the worst ride he had ever been on!! He still did choose to go on a couple other big kid rides, but no more upside down ones!

After the rides, we went to look at the animals. The kids really loved that and I am sure they would have loved to stay longer, but we were all tired and ready to go home and relax.


Saturday, the kids spent most of the day outside jumping on the trampoline, having a great time being together. Here are some fun trampoline pictures:




Natalie practicing her russian!
Take a look at Alissa's back yard. Peace and quiet at it's best (well, as quiet as it can be with 11 kids running around!)





T.J. is so fun!




I had to get in on the action with my back flip!




Elaina and Allen teaming up.




Cami. What can I say? She is too funny and such a character. Love her! This picture captures her personality quite well!!




And here is Brian. Impressive!



What a memorable time we had. I know I will be hearing about it for weeks from the kids. They didn't want to leave : )

Thanks for having us Alissa and Joe. We love you guys!!!

4 comments:

stacey224 said...

It looks like you guys had a great time. How fun for all the kids to get together. That's cool they are all pretty much the same age. I want her backyard!

Deb said...

Holy moly that's alota kids! It's nice when they are so busy playing that you barely notice them though.

We are moving to a small little town called Blanchard. It's not too far from Moore, which is a much bigger city. Ian however will be working in a different small town called Newcastle. Let me know where your friend lived. I hear nothing but good things about OK. Ian's been there for 3 weeks now and he's lovin it so far.

Deb said...

P.s. Those are some pretty impressive action shots on the trampoline.

Amanda said...

I can't believe you are doing a freaking back flip! This seriously makes me feel like a humongous wuss because I am too scared these days. Hmm...