Wednesday, August 5, 2009

Photographers in Training

The other day I uploaded some pictures from my trusty companion, Digital Camera, to the computer only to find some photos that I didn't take. My camera had been mysteriously abducted and fell into some less experienced, extremely enthusiastic hands. Luckily, the camera was returned to its rightful, ever loving owner and came away unharmed with a tale to tell.
The culprits:

Miss E and dear friend Miss N
I think it is funny that they already know how to take pictures of themselves! Not bad!



Preparing their model. "Tilt your head a little to the side... a little more... a little more..."

"Just right! That was the look we were going for, serious yet playful."
"Now we need an action shot."
Tyler: "Action is my middle name!"

"Enough with the model. Let's take some more of ourselves! We are much prettier subjects and so graceful!"

Interesting!



Work the camera!
I can tell they had a fun time. Maybe the next time they decide to do a photo shoot, we can pick out some matching clothes and comb their hair!
Every once in a while I think about how different life is for my kids than it was for me. Computers: My brother had a computer when I was young. He loved working on it and figuring it all out. Something about DOS??? When I was in high school, we had an Apple computer that we could do word processing on. In college I got my first email address.
Kids today can type, run many applications, surf the web, create power point presentations, etc. etc.
Cameras: Polaroid was awesome when I was a kid because you could see the image right away. 35 mm was the most popular, just be careful you don't open the back without rewinding the film first! My kids now pose for the picture and demand to see it as soon as they hear the "click" sound effect, they can entertain themselves for many minutes scrolling through 100 plus photos stored on the memory card. They even occasionally ask me to change their hair to purple or green in our photo editing program! Fun times.
That is just scratching the surface when I think about how times have changed. And I'm really not that old! Seriously! The world seems to change and evolve so rapidly. What will it be like when I am 80? I think I need to watch the Back to the Future trilogy and let my imagination run wild for a little while!



No comments: