Tuesday, July 7, 2009

This & That

We had a 4th of July celebration at Grandad & Grandma Laney's house.
The breakfast was very yummy. I hoped I would never get full. The omelets were amazing and the red, white, and blue pancakes were delicious.
Then the kids went swimming...

Tyler had a great time in the little pool. He never even had to put his head under, which he refuses to do anyway!



T.J. had a wonderful time with his Porter cousins in the diving pool. They must have played for over 2 hours. Then, after we had our kids get out and get dressed, TJ stayed outside and watched his cousins continue to play. He never complained that he had to get out, he just watched with a big smile on his face.

Later on we went to Nana and Papa's house and had a yummy steak dinner. The kids put on "Annie Get Your Gun" and we had a good time watching it together.
We did see a few fireworks on the way home and then Grandma & Grandpa invited us over to watch some on TV before we hit the hay.

_____________


Family home evening was fun last night.
The kids and I spent part of the day getting ready by coloring and cutting out our Super Selves.
They really loved seeing themselves as super heroes. I told them that we could become a Super Family. Excitedly they asked how and I told them we would find out at FHE.
So we started a series of lessons that will focus on the super tools that will help our family go from wimpy to super.
I think we will do lessons for 4 or 5 weeks with some of our "super tools" being service, kindness, spending quality time together, and hard work. I don't have it all figured out but I think it will be a fun few weeks.

Here are some of the visual aides we have posted on the wall:







__________________


I posted this last picture just for you Mandie!
A friend gave me this onesie and I loved it because of Lydia's crazy hair. I thought you would appreciate it especially : )








4 comments:

prism said...

Wish we could have joined you all for 4th of July. We didn't really do anything. Our ward had a breakfast on the 3rd.

Fun FHE idea. My kids would go for it (probably until they figured out what I was trying to do - dang - why do they have to be so perceptive?). Super fun! (ha!)

Still diggin' Lydia's hair.

Amanda said...

OH MY GOSH!! Everything about that picture is perfect. The hair, of course, and the look on her face.

Love it. Thanks. I might need a copy of that picture to hang on my fridge. You included that one in your announcement, right?

Liz said...

Oh my - cutest blog ever! love all the pictures - most impressed with the funny face family one! A family after my own heart! I hope we've been a good example! :) your so cute dana - and such a great mom! I wish we had blogs when my family was little! makes journaling so much more fun! All the pictures were cute and the comments - monumental :) your the best! love ya - Liz
PS your family is superhero's

Anonymous said...

Hi Dana just found your blog through Jen Brown's. I'm glad the first day of school was good for everyone. Okay, Did you draw those pictures of you and your family as the super heros? If so, how much can I pay you to do ours? That is such a neat idea and picture!