Get up and go
So I started running again! I am very excited about it, too. This surprises me because I have never enjoyed running. It isn't what I would call fun. Now volleyball is fun. I could play it all day and go to bed wanting more. Running has changed me though. I like to do it even though the act of running isn't enjoyable for me. I took the summer off when the kids got out of school. In the meantime my running partner joined the gym and decided that 5:00 in the morning is too early to get up and run (I don't blame her!). So here I am wishing I could start again, missing my morning run. Bizarre, I know. Running is not only a chance to exercise for me but a chance to renew, to think, to plan and to fight my lazy self. It is the chance to do something hard that isn't very fun but is good for me. So, I found myself a new running partner and it is great. We ran this morning and when I got home I got on this handy little website called mapmyrun.com and discovered that we ran 3.54 miles! I couldn't believe it. Bring on the Turkey Trot!
2 comments:
Wow... I don't think I could keep up with you. How long does it take you to run that?
I don't think much when I run. I have my iPod turned up too loud.
It probably took us 35 minutes. So not a very fast pace. When I run with someone else we just talk the whole time and it makes it much easier!
Post a Comment